January 28, 2013

Thought for Today - Strength in Weakness

''And He said to me, ''My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.'' 2 Cor 12:9a

I don't like being weak. I don't think anyone does. There's something about having to show weakness that strikes the core of who I think I am. After coming down with the flu Saturday night and Sunday morning, I spent Sunday flat on the couch while a good friend brought me 7up and soup and watched TV with me. I hate being weak.

Something happens when we are weak, however - all our own strength is stripped away. Our real motives, everything we hide under our own power, becomes visible. If we are operating on God's strength, it is made more perfect in our weakness because we're not getting in His way. And when we learn the secret of giving up our strength and relying on His power, then we can truly say, ''for when I am weak, then I am strong.''

No comments: