''For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.'' 1 Cor 6:20
Whoa - lightbulb moment! I am not my own!
I've heard people say before, ''Well it's my body, I can choose what to do with it.'' Here's the proof - it's not your body!
The context of this verse is Christian liberty and purity, and verse 18 says ''flee sexual immorality.'' It's clear that God cares very deeply about what our society has cheapened and tarnished. What was intended to be a beautiful union between a husband and wife, symbolic of our relationship with God yet utterly human, is trashed in our culture. It doesn't have to be that way, though - playing by God's rules, sex is what He created it to be.
This verse is my personal verse for purity and remembering that God is concerned with my body and my outward appearance. He bought me, after all! He is the One I should be dressing to please and to glorify, for I was ''bought at a price.''
1 comment:
haha this is what i was trying to tell you and jadyn what i think/thought about certain things... finally one of you get it!
Post a Comment