January 16, 2013

Thought for Today - Noah's Obedience

''And Noah did according to all that the Lord commanded him.'' Genesis 7:5

I wonder what was going through Noah's mind when God commanded him to build a huge boat and put a ton of animals on it because it was going to rain. Nothing has been said about Noah's occupation for the first 600 years of his life, but I'm guessing he wasn't a boat-builder or zookeeper. This was way out of his comfort zone, not to mention he probably didn't even know what rain was. But he still obeyed all God commanded, even though he probably looked and felt ridiculous.

God's commands don't always make sense. I'm sure that Noah and his family were glad they had obeyed, however, when they were spared alive in the ark by their obedience. No matter what God's instructions are, no matter how we feel about them, the important thing is to trust Him and obey and let Him handle the outcome. So what's your ark? Can you obey without understanding why?

No comments: