January 14, 2013

Thought for Today - Directions

''The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.'' Prov 16:9 NASB

So many doors seem open, so many paths I could walk down. So which one do I choose?

This I know: of all the options, I definitely want the one that God wants for me. His way is always best!

I can plan my way all day long, but if my plans don't include God's will, they're destined to fail. I can plan my way, but God directs my steps. He will put me where He wants me, whether or not I follow Him, but the whole process will be easier if I am obedient to His leading.

So what about when God seems silent and I can't find direction for my steps? I have heard His voice and seen His hand, and I trust Him even when I can't hear or see Him. He will guide, in His time, to where He wants me.

Are you looking for direction too? Wait on the Lord, ask Him for wisdom, listen for His voice. He will direct your steps!

No comments: