''For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.'' Romans 14:8-9
Literally nothing about our lives is our own. Whether we live or die, everything we do and everything we are is His. Even when I try to keep something of myself back, in the end it is all His because He already paid for it with His own life.
So how do we live to the Lord? Is everything I do centered around Him and coming from Him?
Since my life is not my own, my decisions and actions are not my own either. Sometimes the Lord may allow me a choice between options consistent with His Word, but I should always seek His direction.
Also, everything I do reflects back on Him. People may judge His character based off my actions in His name. I am accountable to Him for everything I do.
How then do I live to the Lord?
No comments:
Post a Comment