''If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.'' Romans 12:18
There's a saying that goes, ''It takes two to tango'' - referring to arguments as well as dancing. Of course, sometimes you will be involved in disagreements that are not your fault. Still, God's point is clear - do your part to make it right.
We're human. We all make mistakes, and we have all been forgiven so much by God. The parable of the forgiven servant in Matthew 18:23-35 is clear that he have no excuse for holding grudges or refusing to forgive others.
If I am the one in the wrong, of course, the Bible is also clear that the burden is on me to make the situation right again. Matthew 5:22-24 tells us that sin against a brother hinders our relationship with God.
There will be times, however, when nothing you say or do can make a situation better. As long as I have done my part to be reconciled and at peace, I am right before God. The other person will answer to Him for their actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment