''For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?'' 1 Corinthians 4:7
Okay, confession time: I have been guilty of this! Since being on my own, I have several times been convicted of an ungrateful attitude concerning the things with which I have been blessed. It's easy to look around and think that I provided myself with the things I have instead of being thankful to the One who actually provided me with them.
This can apply to possessions, status, praise, authority, relationships, and anything else God has given us. We cannot hold on to these things, and we cannot boast ''as if [we] had not received them.'' Instead of taking these blessings for granted today, let's look around and recognize the things God has provided and thank Him for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment