''Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who are fearful-hearted, ''Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance...'' Isaiah 35:3-4a
When I run, the last leg to the finish line is both the hardest and the easiest. It is the hardest because then I am the most fatigued and want most to give up. However, it is also the easiest because I am within sight of my goal and can push it harder knowing that my run is almost over. And if I receive encouragement near the finish line, such as the cheering of those who have already finished, I can push even harder.
Encouragement can mean all the difference in someone's performance or even their life. There are times when we all need a helping hand, a kind word, or a listening ear.
Who can you encourage today? Is there someone you can come alongside and comfort or strengthen?
No comments:
Post a Comment